To provide account management and support to Key Account customers within the Business Development and Key Accounts department. To work with other Key Account Managers within the Business Development and Key Accounts department to enable smooth transitions for customers, especially during 'peak periods' and to provide cover when Key Account Managers, Key Account Team Leader or Business Development and Key Accounts Director are not in the office.
Set out below are the key responsibilities, this is not an exhaustive list, and within reason, additional task or duties may be requested still within the overall scope of the role:
- Ensuring a smooth transition for Key Account customers through account set up process (responsible for customer on boarding.). Speak to and email customers as appropriate.
- Ensure these customers understand and know how to use the products they have purchased to best meet their needs. Identify any training requirements and coordinate internal resources to deliver training and support as appropriate.
- To deliver some elements of training and customer support for products that have been purchased.
- Developing strong relationships with Key Accounts to ensure renewal of the account goes smoothly.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other teams like Sales Support, Customer Services and Training.
- Keep track of the fair policy usage of each customer and identify where a customer may need more assistance.
- Be the first port of call to Key Account customers being responsive to and where possible anticipate customers' needs.
- Taking ownership of customer issues and ensuring that the right answers are given to customers in a timely manner - identifying and drawing on the resources of other internal teams.
- Seeking ways to improve support for Key Accounts and making recommendations to Business Development Manager and Sales and Marketing Director.
- Reporting on customer usage and retention, highlighting key issues and process improvements.
- Achievement of Key Performance Indicators; customer retention rates, revenue growth achieved and renewed from Key Accounts, SLA targets are met, customer satisfaction is improving.
- Achievement of project revenue sales targets.
- Ensure deadlines and targets are successfully achieved.
- Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
- Represent the company at all times in an efficient and professional manner.
- Competitive, tenacious and enthusiastic - driven to achieve results
- Collaborative working style - to tie into brand values
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good time management, attention to detail and problem solving abilities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 1 year's experience in a customer focused environment, including previous sales experience.
- Customer understanding and awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerate skills
- Strong negotiating/influencing skills
- Strong desire to learn about education assessment issues
- Presentation skills