- Actively manage a varied group of suppliers in the chemicals, packaging and substrate environment with an approximate spend of £5m through risk assessment, supplier relationship management and other recognised industry processes.
- Managing a diverse and high level of workload within the health care environment.
- Work with Global Category Managers in the management of tier 1 Strategic vendors.
- Actively manage the raw material stock portfolio to ensure appropriate availability whilst minimising capital exposure.
- Audit & Maintain the procurement ERP Master Data to ensure accuracy and system capability.
- Supplier relationship management is critical to this position, there is an expectation to develop a solid working relationship with all vendors to identify and mitigate supply chain risk.
- As appropriate lead supplier resolution and engagement activity.
- Working with the internal stakeholders to enhance the effectivity & execution of the Master Production Schedule.
- Employ demand and statistical forecasting processes to ensure appropriate material availability whilst avoiding obsolescence scenarios.
- You will eliminate risk and optimise opportunities with external suppliers and supply chains, ensuring adherence to the company code of conduct and corporate social responsibility.
- Working closely with the Planner/Scheduler to ensure supply issues are resolved immediately and that appropriate CAPA's are developed to mitigate repetition.
- Provide cover for the Planning/Scheduler.
Essential skills/Essential experience/ qualifications:
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in spoken and written English
- Self-motivation and enjoying working on own initiative
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable in order to deal with complex supply chain challenges
- Personable and able to build rapport at all levels
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and recognise business critical tasks
- Capability to summarise critical information quickly and act decisively
- Good level of interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills required
- Excellent Microsoft Excel aptitude
- Key understanding of Supply & Demand planning processes (including forecasting techniques)
- Competency with the Sage Procurement system (ideally SAGE ERP 1000)
- Proficiency in a recognised MRP Software system
- Supply Chain Qualification (CIPS, APICS or equivalent) or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Master Production Scheduling knowledge
- Direct responsibility for managing a >£1million material stock portfolio