Assist the Business Unit Leader in being responsible for the completion of all tenders and frameworks for products. Support in the management of private and NHS hospital groups and the implementation of pricing processes.
Support Customers, prospective Customers, Sales Representatives and Management in an active business for the achievement of annual sales objective, customer satisfaction and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
RESPONSIBILITIES and ROLE
- Ensure all tenders and frameworks are completed to the highest standard to aid business growth, succession and development.
- To provide the Business Unit Leader with MI relating to operational KPIs, results, controls, data and risk..
- To provide external Procurement hubs with MI against all active contracts, as required.
- Ownership of all Contracts Department documents i.e. Tender Library, ensuring up to date, high quality, complete records.
- Assist the Business Unit Leader with pricing strategies for all frameworks and tenders.
- Support new National Price strategy within the NHS for products and ensure profitable margins.
- Support and assist the Business Unit Leader and Sales Team with all new business.
- Monitor, maintain and distribute communications received into the Department via email.
- To assist with both internal and external audit requirements, undertaking regular reviews of pricing to ensure the necessary authorisation has been documented.
- Maintaining and updating all e-catalogues, to ensure records are kept accurate and up to date for all customers.
- Manage all departmental pricing
- Be involved in activities that ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Understand and conform to company rules and policies including business conduct, corporate ethics, quality system compliance and regulatory affairs requirements. Take affirmative steps to learn the specific policies and requirements that apply to this job position. Incorporate requirements of ethics, quality systems and other corporate policies into the day to day activities and long-range planning and decision making. Seek advice from appropriate management or functional department when necessary to ensure compliance with corporate policies and regulations.
- Minimum A level education
- Preferable contracts/tenders experience
- Ideally with knowledge of procurement
KNOWLEDGE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead customer negotiations
- Must demonstrate problem solving, strategic thinking, professional communication, working to deadlines, persuading and influencing skills
- Demonstrate professionalism and represent a positive company image to the team and public.
- Highly computer literate in Word, Excel, Powerpoint; high levels of literacy and numeracy required.
- Tendering experience in NHS procurement and Private Groups
- Self-starter, self-motivated, enjoys managing several projects simultaneously.
- Understands working with "Hard Deadlines" - organisation, planning and time management key to success
- Ability to "Work Smart" under pressure; ability to prioritise and delegate
- Excellent communicator and influencer; ability to source information and communicate at internal forums, liaise with customers
- Team player; supporting other members of the team as well as other functions in the business
- High ethical values, honesty and integrity
- Self-confident, possessing courage and creativity
- Commitment to continuous improvement, accept feedback and strive to be better each day
- Self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic and goal orientated; willing to self-measure daily value to company.
- Be team oriented, courteous and respectful to peers and both inside and outside personnel. Ultimately committed to the community associated with the corporation's products to get the job done right and with high customer satisfaction.