Responsibility of the operational management of all sites - safety, security, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, maintenance and refurbishment and supervision of premises staff.
Providing comprehensive premises management for - planning, advice and guidance in relation to project management, policy and industry best practice and establishing systems for accurate and efficient recording and reporting.
Ensure that the estate meets current Health & Safety and compliance regulations as well as meeting teaching and learning needs.
Operations and security
- As the main key holder, be responsible for the security of premises. Locking and unlocking, setting security alarm systems, carrying out security checks and responding to emergency call outs. Oversee the issue/return and log of all keys and fobs for staff.
- Manage and undertake routine and skilled maintenance, installations and building projects, repair schedules and specialist repairs, or monitor the performance of others undertaking these tasks.
- To prioritise repairs/actions requested by staff members and in conjunction with the Business Manager to ensure the priorities are met.
- To be responsible for the general tidiness and safety of the sites e.g. the removal of litter and graffiti from paths and hard surfaces, to keep surface drains free of obstruction, to ensure pedestrian access in periods of severe weather conditions, treating main entrances and paths with salt/grit as appropriate
- Coordinate and deploy premises support as required
- Maintain a comprehensive premises management system including detailed work instructions on the operation of services into the buildings - including alarm, CCTV, fob entry, utility shut offs etc.
- To coordinate premises team and liaise with external contractors helpdesk to ensure timely remedial work is carried out.
- To supervise all external contractors whilst on site, ensuring that H&S requirements are met, monitoring of their performance and quality assuring their work once completed.
- Purchase ad-hoc supplies via the procurement process ensuring best value is achieved at all time.
- Coordinate and undertake general portage duties to include the setting out and putting away furniture as necessary.
Health and Safety
- Actively monitor legal responsibilities for health and safety developing relevant health and safety systems for regular inspections, audits, procedures and checks.
- Ensure that all areas of H&S compliance training are met and that staff are educated fully in their responsibilities in all aspects of H&S. Keeping up to date and accurate records.
- To write appropriate risk assessments
- Act as Health and Safety Lead in the absence of the Business Manager
Strategy and planning
- Under the direction of the Business Manager, manage contracts, obtain quotes for services for comparison and actively seek to improve on cost efficiencies in all areas.
- Conduct weekly site walks and termly site survey audit alongside the Business Manager, senior business support and Heads of site to advise and follow up on actions for works schedule.
- Manage an accurate inventory of all physical assets in liaison with the Business Manager and oversee the implementation of the Asset Management system, ensuring the accurate recording of assets including purchases, disposals and loaned equipment.
- With the Business Manager maintain and regularly review business continuity and disaster recovery plans. Ensure updates are signposted to all stakeholders.
- Have an overview of the estate hard and soft services, plan for major developments and project manage their implementation.
- Prepare and monitor planned and preventative maintenance schedules for each site within the service.
- Quality assure all works undertaken within the Estates.
- Manage the allocated estates operational and capital budgets, identify cost savings and seek opportunities to generate income from bids.
- Understand and interpret the appropriateness of national, and local framework contracts, and procurement policy.
- Contribute to the development of effective strategies for energy management and environmental impact, taking into account cost-effectiveness, regulatory and legal requirements.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this role
This role could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate