To assist Commissioning Managers with the preparation of budgets and the monitoring of client income and expenditure on care packages
To set-up, reconcile and administer Adult Social Care manual and automated payments (including Direct Payments)
To assist in the annual closing of the accounts
To ensure accurate audit records are kept and the Client's care management system is updated with Financial information.
- To ensure that financial processes are completed within agreed timescales to facilitate the achievement of; Key Performance Indicators, Departmental and Corporate Policies and Procedures. To contribute to financial management information and statistics.
- To update the systems with changes to ensure records are accurate and clear audit trail is evident
- To process manual invoices, automatic pay runs and interfaces for payment, ensuring they are verified for accuracy and funding
- To notify Care Managers when billing evidences discrepancies with funding both for increases and decreases to prompt a review.
- To process Direct Payments liaising with Care Managers and the Support Service in the setup of new users and ongoing maintenance on the Direct Payments Scheme.
- Reconcile Direct Payment client bank accounts and the expenditure returns provided and maintain accurate reconciliation records. Liaise with clients/their representatives or officers to explain any action required or why a reconciliation cannot be completed. Ensure all unused funds are returned to the Client within agreed timescales.
- Issue contract variations to clients ensuring written notification of the reasons for the
change is provided
- Issue new contracts to clients when there is a change to the contract
- Assist with and implement rate changes as and when required and where necessary calculate and issue backdated payments. Authorise new services
- Administer and resolve internal and external queries from providers, partners, service users or their representatives providing information in accordance with the Client's policies.
- Take ownership of query resolution and identify where escalation is appropriate Assist the Finance Officer in improving standards and procedures for the team. Contribute to continuous improvements in processes, procedures, and controls in order to deliver efficiencies and service enhancement
- To undertake any other tasks and functions commensurate with the grading of the post.