To be successful in this role, you should have technical expertise in electrical or mechanical engineering and previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will be required to identify and generate new accounts and new product areas which will result in increased sales growth, and therefore critical to your success will need an in-depth knowledge and direct experience of the cable assembly market.
You will be self-motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment.
HNC/HND or equivalent qualified with a demonstrable track record of Solution Selling and Business Development within the Electronics and or Electrical Aerospace, defence, or Rail Industry.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contacting potential customers
- Development of sales strategy
- Present our company to potential customers
- Identify customer needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customise product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Creating technical plans and detailed schematics of products to our customers where needed.
- Build long-term trusting relationships with customers
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers
- Report to the Managing Director on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up to date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plan
- Experienced in cable assembly design and manufacturing.
- Proven work experience as a Sales oriented Engineer or Sales Manager
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analysing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
Core Working Hours
- 37.5 hour week.
- Mon - Thurs 07:45 - 16:45.
- Fri 07:45 - 12:30.
- Salary: £35k-£40k DOE, Car Allowance, Pension & Health benefits