To provide efficient and professional administrative assistance and support to the SEN Unit.
To provide overall administrative service, including (amongst other duties) the production of a wide range of letters, reports, presentations and other documents using a range of software and within agreed turnaround times
- To independently and effectively respond directly to enquiries from parents, students and external contacts
- To communicate professionally in person, by letter or by telephone with a range of stakeholders
- To assist with the preparation of paperwork for meetings.
- To assist with the preparation of exam access arrangements for GCSEs and to support students where necessary during these examinations.
- To work with students in a professional manner where necessary to support their learning and development.
Working pattern: flexibility e.g.
- 2 days per week working 6 hours a day from 9 am to 3 pm
- 3 days per week working 4 hours a day from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the school policies and procedures relating to health and safety and equality of opportunity.
To work co-operatively with colleagues to achieve the aims and objectives of the post and the College.
To participate positively in the implementation of new working methods and practices as required.
To undertake other duties within his/her competence or otherwise appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
To promote and safeguard the welfare of all children and young people that you are responsible for, or come into contact with.
Staff must work in accordance with the South West Child Protection procedures and Child Protection/Safeguarding Policy and understand their role within that Policy.
To work positively and constructively with the line manager to identify strengths and agree an action plan in relation to development needs, to set these out in a personal development plan which will be reviewed regularly with the line manager
To be aware of the current national and local issues relating to Education insofar that they affect the post.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment