Reporting to the Press Shop Supervisor, you will be a member of the Press Shop Team, with responsibilities for the efficient setting and running of a variety of presses.
To set the various presses in line with Production demands generated by MRP. In addition to this, assist in the organisation of the day to day running of the presses working within tight daily time frames so that there is a continuous flow of work to the assembly lines, ensuring that health and safety is adhered to at all times.
- Efficiently set Presses in line with demand.
- Ensure first offs are carried out diligently.
- Work to production targets.
- Work closely with team leader and other supervision in training and maintaining continuous improvements to help the section grow as a team.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping making sure all scrap is removed in the correct bin for recycling.
- Ensure information required for tool maintenance and repairs are updated and accurate.
- Support the Press Shop with the move to the company goal of lean manufacturing.
- Where applicable, run presses efficiently.
Your Skills & Knowledge
- Capable of setting and running a wide range of Roll Feed Presses and secondary Presses.
- Clear understanding of engineering drawings.
- Have a sound engineering and manufacturing background.
- Ability to use various measuring equipment.
- Preferable and understanding of lean manufacturing and their methods.