The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the planning and procurement of materials required to meet the production plan in line with the MRP system. The candidate must be able to interpret and analyse historic data, to identify trends and maintain the Company's stock profile. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that the Company's systems are maintained to allow accurate stock forecasts.
- Reports to the Operations Director.
- Raise purchase orders from the MRP system to ensure timely placement and delivery of components in line with production requirements.
- Expedite and reschedule open purchase orders to meet production requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate demand of components and prepare forecasts to allow the Company to create an accurate stock profile and minimise stock obsolescence.
- Update and maintain MRP driven manufacturing stock profiles and purchasing parameters.
- Support the sales team by coordinating project pricing arrangements with key suppliers.
- Gather and analyse statistical data to monitor supplier delivery performance.
- Supplier negotiation and development.
- Obtain order acknowledgements and ensure delivery dates and pricing are reflected on the system.
- Work with the accounts team to resolve pricing issues.
- Monitor component losses and report this data to the Operations Director.
- Any other reasonable management requests.
- Math and English skills are essential with grade C or above at GSCE or A-Level standard / equivalent or possess significant relevant experience.
- 5 years + proven work experience in a materials / component Purchasing role within the manufacturing sector.
- Experience of working with an MRP system is essential.
- Competent using Microsoft Office is essential especially Microsoft Excel.
- CIPS certified or working towards CIPS certification preferred
- Good understanding of statistical reporting and impact analysis required to understand how the business is impacted by material control (shortages and over stocking).
- Demonstrable experience negotiating with supplier to improve delivery dates and achieve cost reductions, implementation of supplier agreements.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Results driven.
- Ability to work within a diverse team.
- Well organised and able to prioritise.
- Willingness to work with a 'can do' attitude.
- Adaptable and willing to learn.
- Confident communicator with strong negotiation skills.
- Motivated and presentable.
- Able to work on own initiative.
Core Working Hours
- 5 hour week.
- Mon - Thurs 07:45 - 16:45.
- Fri 07:45 - 12:30.
Salary & Benefits
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + company supported pension + opportunity to join health plan and cycle to work scheme upon completion of probationary period.