We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Section Manager with previous transport and ideally warehouse backgrounds. Candidates will require some team supervisory and people management experience. Working within a team environment, the successful candidate will assist the Night Shift Manager with the operation of transport and warehouse, managing KPIs to tight deadlines and driving improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- Experience of applying a working knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. Health & Safety, Employment Law, Discrimination etc.
- A good understanding of Transport Legislation and the impact of non compliance to protect the company Operator Licence
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPI's and Service Levels
- Effective team worker and confident and positive communicator.
- PC literate in Excel and Word
Reporting to a Night Shift Manager, this role requires someone capable of working under pressure, displaying a good analytical approach to work to deliver business results and to achieve performance and service levels.
Hours of work will be 10.00pm to 6.00am but flexibility of hours is required with operational needs.
Previous experience within Transport will be essential, but some previous working within a warehouse operation will also be advantageous. Excellent people management skills together with the ability to plan resource and report KPI information with accuracy are key skills for this role.
This is a customer facing role and the successful candidate will encourage a customer service personal approach to the job.
Full training and development will be given to successful candidates.
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative, focus and commitment and flexibility
- A good understanding of multi temperature warehouse / transport procedures and compliance
- PC skills for Excel / Word / PowerPoint and WMS experience